It’s that time again! Dayton is known for the airplane and the cash register, but there are so many more inventions that came from our great city:
- Electric Cash Register – John H. Patterson, 1906.
- Custer Invalid Chair – Levitt Luzern Custer, battery-powered in 1919, gasoline-powered in 1939.
- Night Photography – Brigadier General George Goddard, 1926.
- Freon Refrigerant – Thomas Midgley Jr., 1928.
- Ice Cube Tray – Arthur Frei, 1959.
- Portable Potty Chair – Iula O. Carter, 1960
- Pop-top tab and Pull-top tab – Ermal C. Fraze, 1977 and 1967.
- Aircraft ejection seat actuation system – Milton Alexander, John Garrett, and Ralph Riepenhoff, 1974.
- Tactical shotgun grip – Daytec, LLC., 2007.