- Stepladder – John Balsley, 1862.
- Ice Cream Cone Dispenser – Alexander McLaren, 1919.
- Electric Furnace for cars – Charles L. Lee, 1923.
- Air Conditioner (window/wall units) – Robert R. Candor, 1943.
Tag Archives: inventors
Dayton Inventions – Part 2
It’s that time again! Dayton is known for the airplane and the cash register, but there are so many more inventions that came from our great city:
- Electric Cash Register – John H. Patterson, 1906.
- Custer Invalid Chair – Levitt Luzern Custer, battery-powered in 1919, gasoline-powered in 1939.
- Night Photography – Brigadier General George Goddard, 1926.
- Freon Refrigerant – Thomas Midgley Jr., 1928.