A few odd street names in the Greater Dayton Area – some with an explanation, some just explain themselves!
- Chicken Bristle Road, Farmersville: bristle is short, stiff hair. Chickens have bristle feathers.
- Rip Rap Road, Huber Heights: Rip Rap is stone used to protect shore lines from erosion.
- Grinn Drive and Barrett Road, West Chester: make up the intersection “Grinn and Barrett.”
- Sweet Potato Ridge Road, Brookville
- Dotcom Drive Troy: Named after the internet term.
- Eaton and Cereal intersection in Hamilton: make up the intersection, “Eaton and Cereal.”
- Experiment Farm Road in Troy.
- Fishworm Road just outside Cedarville in Greene County.
- Turkey Foot Road off Upper Bellbrook Road.