Here are some tips and suggestions to keep you sane and socially distanced.
- Zoom – Have a zoom meeting with family or friends. Schedule it as a regular thing weekly or monthly, based on your schedule. Other platforms you can use for multiple video calls are: Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, or Google Hangouts.
- Arrange chairs in a large circle outside, and have a chat with friends. Many of you may have seen this happen in parking lots lately. Just make sure to maintain social distancing!
- Get a pen pal. Reach out to friends and family and find an interested pen pal. If nobody in your circle is available, try contacting a local nursing home and asking if any of their residents would be interested!
- Join a Facebook group. No matter what your interest, there is likely a Facebook group created for it. There are also groups that rely more on interaction, such as “booing” or “wine me” groups. The central theme of those groups is to leave a small gift on someone’s doorstep, like Secret Santa.
If socializing with others isn’t your thing, there are many other ways to enjoy the extra time you spend at home.
- Catch up on reading. Read the books you bought but never got around to reading or reread an old favorite!
- Learn a new language. The process of learning a new language can be satisfying and fulfilling.
- Deep-clean your home. There is something just so satisfying about relaxing in a clean home.
- Start an exercise regimen. It’s never a bad time to get healthier!
- Learn a new craft or hobby. Knitting, sewing, resin, jewelry making…the sky’s the limit!
- Research something new. Become the SME (subject matter expert) on a topic that has always interested you.
If all else fails, you can always contact us at Dayton Unknown and tell us what you always wanted to know about Dayton!